NORTH CHARLESTON, SC – The Stingrays scored three unanswered goals in the third period as they defeated the Manchester Monarchs 5-3 last night to stay alive in the series and force a game five. The Monarchs still lead the Eastern Conference Finals Series 2-1.

Zac Lynch got the Monarchs on the board a little over halfway through the first period at 10:23. Daniel Ciampini made a pass to Lynch from the slot as Lynch put into the open-net past Stingrays goaltender Parker Milner for his seventh goal of the playoff campaign to go up 1-0.

Lynch almost had his second goal of the period with 3:19 remaining in the first as he was awarded a penalty shot.  Lynch would be denied by Milner.

The Stingrays tied the game 44 seconds into the second period. The Monarchs made a turnover as Cody Corbett took the puck to the blue line and sent a wrist shot over the blocker of Monarchs goaltender Sam Brittain to tie it at 1-1.

The Monarchs retook the lead at 5:21. Ashton Rome put in a backhander past Milner for his seventh goal of the playoffs to go up 2-1.

Joey Leach got the Stingrays back into the game when he tied it with 12:00 remaining in the second period. Corbett made the pass to Leach and he took a wrist shot to go past Brittain to even the score at 2-2.

Daniel Ciampini gave the Monarchs the lead for the third time of the night 1:29 into the third period. Matt Leitner made a pass to Ciampini and put the puck past Milner to make it 3-2 Monarchs.

The Stingrays would then come back with three unanswered goals. Oliver Archambault tied the game at 4:11 with a shorthanded goal. Kelly Zajac made the pass to Archambault while he crashed-the-net on the odd man rush and tipped the puck past Brittain to tie at 3-3.

The Stingrays took the lead 1:41 later. Steve McParland scored the game-winning goal for his team. Max Nicastro took a shot as Brittain could not keep it and McParland was able to put it in the rebound to go up 4-3.

Rob Flick gave the Stingrays insurance with his ninth goal of the playoffs with 5:58 remaining in regulation with a one-timer past Brittain to go up 5-3.

The Monarchs pulled Brittain with 2:21 left in regulation but the Monarchs could not get two goals after putting on the pressure. The Stingrays were able to hold on for the victory and stay alive in the series.

Stingrays goaltender Parker Milner made 23 saves in the win while Monarchs goaltender Sam Brittain made 27 save in the loss.

The series will now shift to Manchester when game four will be played on Friday at SNHU Arena. The puck will drop at 7 PM.

Please consider becoming a Patron as a way to say thanks and support us for what we do!