NORTH CHARLESTON, SC– The South Carolina Stingrays announced their season-ending roster this morning. Below is a portion of the news release, which includes the 12 names on the list. Here are the names:
The Stingrays’ Season-Ending Roster includes the following players:
Forwards (7): Brett Cameron, Derek DeBlois, Joe Devin, Patrick Gaul, Trevor Gillies, Stephan Vigier, Kelly Zajac
Forward/Defense (1): Marcus Perrier
Defensemen (4): Nick D’Agostino, Wade Epp, Colton Saucerman, Steve Weinstein
As a reminder, each team’s season ending roster can include up to 20 players. Any player not included on the season ending rosters submitted today is now a free agent. Until June 30, the rights for the players on the season ending roster remain with South Carolina but on June 30, coach Spencer Carbery has to submit to the league a list of no more than eight players he wants to protect. These eight names do not include players that have already signed. Because only eight players can be protected there is incentive to get as many players signed by June 30 as possible. The eight players will be given qualifying offers which for the most part must be 5% above their salary from this past season. The qualifying offer period is from June 30 to August 1st. Any player on the season ending roster who does not sign a new contract or receive a qualifying offer by June 30 becomes an unrestricted free agent.
– Players on NHL or AHL contracts are also not included. That is why goalies Vitek Vancek, (NHL deal with Washington) Mark Dekanich (AHL deal with Hershey) and Adam Carlson are not included. Other players Joey Leach, Bobby Shea and Austin Fyten are also on Hershey deals. are both Hershey property as well.
– In case you had missed it, Steve Weinstein is the future considerations from Cincinnati for Colin Mulvey.
– Though Cameron and Vigier are on the roster we have confirmation that both have signed contracts overseas for the 2016-2017 season. It is very likely this will be a different looking Stingrays team come October.
– The submission of the season ending rosters yesterday marks the end of the 2015-16 ECHL season. The 2016-17 season officially begins today as it is the first day players can be signed to a Standard Player’s Contract (SPC) for next season.
– The season ending rosters for all ECHL teams can be found at the ECHL website.
Please consider becoming a Patron as a way to say thanks and support us for what we do! https://www.patreon.com/thesinbinhockey