Title Belt Game: Knoxville Ice Bears at Roanoke Rail Yard Dawgs
- Roanoke goaltender Ryan de Melo had a 2.47 GAA with a .916 SV%.
- In shootouts, Knoxville had the highest success rate last season, converting 35.7% of attempts.
- Last season, the Ice Bears went 2313-1 when leading after two periods.
- Roanoke defenseman Travis Armstrong appeared in 50 games for the Louisiana IceGators, racking up a goal with 11 assists to go with a +1 plus/minus rating.
Columbus Cottonmouths at Macon Mayhem
- Last season, Macon took the season series against Columbus with a 7-1-1 record.
- The Cottonmouths had the league’s worst power play, converting 11.2% of opportunities.
- In contrast, the Mayhem was tops in the SPHL on the penalty kill with an 86.6% success rate.
- The Snakes allowed a league-high 70 goals in the second period.
Fayetteville FireAntz at Pensacola Ice Flyers
- The FireAntz won five of six games against Pensacola last season.
- Pensacola had a 21-3-5 record last season when scoring first.
- Fayetteville was second in the SPHL in major penalties with 70.
- Pensacola’s Corey Banfield was second in shooting percentage at 22.9%.
Huntsville Havoc at Peoria Rivermen
- The Rivermen went a perfect 7-0-0 against the Havoc last season.
- Peoria off-season acquisition Jake Hauswirth led the Louisiana IceGators in scoring last season with 49 points (18G/31A)
- Last season, the Havoc led the league in penalty minutes with 1,282. Probably not a good idea, since Huntsville had the league’s worst road penalty kill.
- Yesterday, the Rivermen signed Hauswirth’s former teammate from Louisiana, RW Geordie Wudrick. Look for the two to skate together tonight.
Evansville Thunderbolts at Mississippi RiverKings
- Tonight’s game is a big Louisiana IceGators reunion. Six players from last season’s Gators (MRK: Barone, Barr; EVV: Bourke, Cornell, Daniels, Sandler). Three more Thunderbolts (Bronner, Patsch, Scorcia) were in Louisiana’s training camp last season.
- Evansville’s John Scorcia led the FHL last season in assists with 70.
- Mississippi’s Todd Hosmer scored 26 points (8G/18A) in the 26 games played since being traded from Knoxville.
- Evansville rookie netminder Tanner Milliron went 14-7-5 with four shutouts last season at D3 Wisconsin-River Falls. Milliron had a 1.83 GAA and a .928 SV%.
Title Belt Game: Roanoke at Knoxville – 7:30 ET
Macon at Columbus – 7:30 ET
Fayetteville at Pensacola – 7:05 CT
Huntsville at Peoria – 7:05 CT
Mississippi at Evansville – 7:15 CT
Please consider becoming a Patron as a way to say thanks and support us for what we do! https://www.patreon.com/thesinbinhockey