PENSACOLA, FL – The SPHL has a full schedule of four games tonight, with two of the top teams facing off in the Hangar as the Mississippi RiverKings try to get their first win of the season against the Pensacola Ice Flyers. The Louisiana IceGators take the last leg of their five-week road trip by traveling to Carver Arena and taking on the Peoria Rivermen. Brian Billett and the Knoxville Ice Bears try to stay hot against the Fayetteville FireAntz, and the Columbus Cottonmouths try to stop the bleeding against the Huntsville Havoc.
Knoxville (17-18-3) at Fayetteville (19-11-3) – 7:05 ET
- Fifth game between the teams this season. The FireAntz lead the season series, 3-1-0.
- The Ice Bears have won seven of their last ten games, second in the league to Peoria.
- Fayetteville’s Josh McQuade (25) and Derek Elliott (23) are 1-2 in the league in assists.
- The FireAntz are 6-0-0 at home when leading after the first period.
Huntsville (18-16-2) at Columbus (11-20-6) – 7:30 ET
- Seventh game this season between the teams. Huntsville leads the season series, 6-1-0.
- The Snakes have lost their last eight games. Their last win was 1/16/16 at Knoxville.
- Huntsville defenseman Stuart Stefan leads both teams in scoring with eight points (2G/6A).
- Columbus is 0-5-0 when tied after the first period.
Mississippi (20-9-6) at Pensacola (20-11-2) – 7:05 CT
- Fourth meeting between the teams this season. Pensacola has won all three previous games. The previous two games were decided in a shootout.
- The RiverKings have the longest current winning streak at five games, and the Ice Flyers have won their last three games.
- Mississippi has the league’s top penalty killing unit at 89.0%
- Since the trade that returned him to Mississippi, Todd Hosmer has eight points (3G/5A) in five games with the RiverKings.
Louisiana (14-17-3) at Peoria (27-6-3) – 7:05 CT
- Seventh meeting between the teams this season. Peoria leads the season series, 4-1-1.
- Peoria’s Chris Wilson has been scoring at a rapid pace lately. Wills has a team-high eight points (4G/4A) in his last five games, and is threatening to break into the race for the SPHL scoring title.
- The IceGators power play is still at a league-low 8.9%, but on the road they are a respectable 13.4%.
- Peoria is the highest-scoring team in the first period with 48 goals scored in the opening frame. In contrast, Louisiana has only 17 goals – last in the league.
- Peoria’s Timmy Hall, now with the ECHL Indy Fuel, is the highest scoring player in the IceGators/Rivermen series with seven points. With six points, the IceGators’ Jeremy Boyer is the highest scoring player currently playing in this series.
- Mississippi at Huntsville – 2:00 CT
- Fayetteville at Knoxville – 7:35 ET
- Columbus at Pensacola – 7:05 CT
- Louisiana at Peoria – 7:05 CT
Please consider becoming a Patron as a way to say thanks and support us for what we do! https://www.patreon.com/thesinbinhockey