Good afternoon, y’all! I’m at a loss for words this afternoon, so here are last night’s game recaps – as memes.
Knoxville Ice Bears 2, Peoria Rivermen 1
Macon Mayhem 2, Pensacola Ice Flyers 1 (OT)
Evansville Thunderbolts 3, Columbus Cottonmouths 2
Mississippi RiverKings 4, Huntsville Havoc 3 (SO)
and a couple of bonuses… for my Evansville and Columbus writers.
Last night’s Three Stars
★ – Brian Billett – Knoxville Ice Bears – 37/38 saves
★★ – Cullen Bradshaw – Official Mississippi RiverKings Hockey – 2 goals, 6 shots, +1
★★★ – Troy Passingham – Macon Mayhem – 36/37 saves, 1st SPHL win
Tonight is the only time this season we’ll have a single game on Saturday night, and it should be a good one. Two of the top teams in the league and both are playing good hockey right now. Add the SPHL Title Belt on the line and we have the makings of a big-time match.
Title Belt Game: Mississippi RiverKings at Macon Mayhem – 7:35 ET
- The teams last tangled on November 4th at the Landers Center, with Nick Grasso coming in with a clutch third period goal to lift the Macon over the RiverKings in a 4-3 victory. Coincidentally, Grasso scored last night’s OT game winner against Pensacola last night.
- More bonus hockey? Yes, please! Both teams’ last two games – all victories – were tied at the end of regulation.
- Macon’s Mark Rivera and Mississippi’s Cullen Bradshaw have been on a roll lately. Rivera has a six-game point scoring streak, scoring three goals with five assists. Bradshaw has four goals and two assists in his last five games.
- Both teams are good at winning the close games. Macon has a league-best 7-2-1 in one-goal games, while the RiverKings are second at 6-3-0.
- Sin Bin Swami says… Mississippi doesn’t have a stellar road record but had a full 60 minutes last night. But Macon’s goalie one two isn’t as strong with Lord Bartus in the ECHL. I’m not convinced Macon has grit. RiverKings win, 3-2, in regulation.
Sunday’s Matinee: Roanoke Rail Yard Dawgs at Fayetteville FireAntz
- The home team has won both games in the season series so far. Roanoke took a 4-2 decision at the Berglund Center on November 4th, and the Antz won 4-1 on November 26th at the Crown.
- Two of the five goals scored by Roanoke against Fayetteville has been on the power play.
- After winning two of his three starts, Fayetteville goaltender Andrew Hare elected to play in Germany. Hare had a 1.91 GAA and a .935 SV%.
- The Dawgs have never led after the first period on the road.
- Sin Bin Swami says… Roanoke is free falling and Fayetteville has been playing pretty decent. Take the home team and give two goals. Fayetteville, 4-2.
Follow Our SPHL Team on Social Media
- Facebook – Follow Sin Bin SPHL
- Twitter (SPHL) – Follow @SinBinSPHL
- Twitter (Game Updates) – Follow @SPHLGameNight
- Twitter (Columbus) – Follow @SinBinSnakes
- Twitter (Evansville) – Follow @SinBinSPHLBolts
- Twitter (Fayetteville) – Follow @SinBinFireAntz
Please consider becoming a Patron as a way to say thanks and support us for what we do! https://www.patreon.com/thesinbinhockey