The return of David Segal to Knoxville headlines tonight’s three game schedule in the SPHL. Segal played in 288 games as a Knoxville Ice Bear over seven seasons, and holds team records in both season (299) and career (1533) penalty minutes. Still well-liked in Knoxville, Segal will likely square up against the man who replaced him, Ice Bears enforcer Dennis Sicard.
Mississippi RiverKings at Macon Mayhem
- Third meeting between the teams this season. The RiverKings defeated the Mayhem in both previous games, 4-1 on October 24th and 4-3 in overtime on November 6th.
- RiverKings captain Leo Thomas will not play in tonight’s match due to a league suspension for a spearing hit on Tuesday night against Pensacola.
- The RiverKings’ Mark Pustin & Charles Mosey and Macon’s Dan Gentzler are all tied for the league lead in rookie scoring with six points.
- Macon has the league’s best penalty kill percentage with a 94.7% success rate.
Pensacola Ice Flyers at Knoxville Ice Bears
- Third meeting between the teams this season. Pensacola defeated Knoxville 5-2 on November 6th and Knoxville won 6-2 the following night.
- Tonight is the first game that Ice Flyers forward David Segal will play in Knoxville as a visiting player.
- Corey Banfield of the Ice Flyers is tied for second in league scoring with seven points.
- Getting off to a fast start is important for both teams. Knoxville (3-0-0) and Pensacola (2-0-0) are undefeated when leading after the first period.
Columbus Cottonmouths at Huntsville Havoc
- Nick Kuqali (D) Loaned to ECHL Fort Wayne Komets
- Eric Tallent (D) Signed
- Title Belt Game – Fayetteville @ Louisiana – 7:05 CT
- Pensacola @ Macon – 7:30 ET
- Knoxville @ Peoria – 7:05 CT
Please consider becoming a Patron as a way to say thanks and support us for what we do! https://www.patreon.com/thesinbinhockey