READING, PA. – After getting swept out of the Kelly Cup Playoffs for the first time since 2011, the Reading Royals look for better fortune in year two of the Kirk MacDonald era.
The 2018-19 will also be the 18th for the Royals and the fifth straight season the club will be affiliated with the Philadelphia Flyers and the Lehigh Valley Phantoms. Listed below are some key points while looking over the Royals 18-19 schedule along with a digital copy of the Royals schedule.
- 51 of the 72 games for the Royals will be played against teams from the North Division.
- The team will play in five 3-in-3’s.
- The Norfolk Admirals are the only team from the South Division the Royals will face this season (five times).
- The Royals will take on the Allen Americans for the first time in franchise history. The teams will meet five times, with the first two coming December 14-16 in Reading, and the remaining games on February 16 & 17 in Allen.
- The most frequent opponent for Reading this season is Adirondack with 12 meetings.
- The team’s most busy months of the year are February and March with 14 games each.
- The team’s least busy month (excluding October and April) is January with 10 games.
- The Kalamazoo Wings will make a pit stop in Reading in late November for the first time since March of 2015. The Royals haven’t played a game in Kalamazoo, Michigan since November of 2014.
- For the fifth straight season, the Royals will end the calendar year with a game on New Year’s Eve as they will be traveling to Wheeling, West Virginia to face their longest-tenured rival, the Wheeling Nailers.
- After playing Worcester 14 times last season which was one of the Royals most frequent opponents, the two teams will only meet six times during the 18-19 season.
Here is a team-by-team breakdown showing who the Royals will play and how many times they matchup against each other:
Adirondack Thunder- 12 meetings (five home, seven away)
Allen Americans- five meetings (three home, two away)
Brampton Beast- five meetings (three home, two away)
Indy Fuel- two meetings (two home, none away)
Kalamazoo Wings- one meeting (one home, none away)
Maine Mariners- eight meetings (four home, four away)
Manchester Monarchs- nine meetings (three home, six away)
Newfoundland Growlers- 11 meetings (seven home, four away)
Norfolk Admirals- five meetings (one home, four away)
Wheeling Nailers- eight meetings (four home, four away)
Worcester Railers- six meetings (three home, three away)
Here is a month-by-month breakdown for the Royals schedule:
October- seven games (four home, three away)
November- 13 games (six home, seven away)
December- 11 games (five home, six away)
January- 10 games (six home, four away)
February- 14 games (six home, eight away)
March- 14 games (eight home, six away)
April- three games (one home, two away)
The Reading Royals will kick off the 2018-19 season on home ice on Saturday, October 13th against the Worcester Railers. Be sure to follow me on Twitter @SinBinRoyals for more Royals news throughout the summer.