There were no new entrants into the Kelly Cup Playoff field on Sunday, with under three weeks left in the ECHL’s regular season, there is still a lot to be decided. Here is a look at where everything stands after Sunday’s contests:
- Four teams are separated by two points. The Wheeling Nailers sit seven points behind Reading for the fourth and final playoff spot and are getting close to being eliminated.
|TEAM||RECORD||GAMES REMAINING||UP NEXT|
|1||Adirondack Thunder||35-20-7-4 (81 pts)||6 (4H, 2A)||Hm v. ORL Tue|
|2||Brampton Beast||36-22-3-5 (80 pts)||6 (3H, 3A)||@CIN Wed|
|3||Reading Royals||37-24-3-2 (79 pts)||6 (3H, 3A)||Hm v. NOR Fri|
|4||Manchester Monarchs||34-21-7-4 (79 pts)||6 (2H, 4A)||@ELM Sun|
|5||Wheeling Nailers||32-27-8-0 (72 pts)||5 (3H, 2A)||Hm v. BRM Fri|
- Adirondack’s magic number to clinch a playoff berth is 1, they will clinch a playoff berth with a win Tuesday night against Orlando.
- Brampton’s magic number to clinch their first-ever Kelly Cup playoff berth is 2.
- Reading’s magic number to clinch a playoff berth is 3.
- Manchester’s magic number currently stands at 4.
- With Florida’s come from behind win Sunday at Fort Wayne, combined with Greenville’s loss Saturday night, the Everblades have clinched at least a share of the south division title. They will win it outright with a win over Kalamazoo Wednesday night.
- Positions 2-5 in the South remain separated by four points. Here is a look at the standings, the games remaining and schedule for the weekend for the teams involved:
|TEAM||RECORD||GAMES REMAINING||UP NEXT|
|2||Greenville Swamp Rabbits||36-25-4-1 (77 pts)||6 (4H, 2A)||@SC Tue|
|3||Orlando Solar Bears||34-23-6-3 (75 pts)||7 (2H, 4A)||@ADK Tue|
|4||South Carolina Stingrays||36-27-3-1 (75 pts)||6 (5H, 1A)||Hm v. Gvl Tue|
|5||Cincinnati Cyclones||35-27-4-0 (74 pts)||6 (3H, 3A)||Hm v. BRM Wed|
- Norfolk, Elmira, and Atlanta have been eliminated from playoff contention.
- Colorado, Allen, Toledo, Fort Wayne, Quad City and Kalamazoo have all clinched playoff berths.
- Wichita, Tulsa, Indy and Rapid City have been eliminated from playoff contention
- With Fort Wayne’s loss Sunday and the Walleye’s win Saturday night, the Walleye have clinched a share of the Central Division title. The will win it outright with a win or a loss in OT/SO against Indy Friday night.
- Fort Wayne’s magic number for clinching the #2 seed is 6 (Quad City)
- Quad City’s magic number for clinching the #3 seed is 6.
- Colorado’s magic number for clinching their second straight division title is 9 (Allen). The Americans are three points back of the Eagles in the race for the division title.
- If Allen doesn’t take the division, they appear to be destined for the second seed in the Mountain Division, their magic number for clinching the #2 seed is 3.
- Idaho will clinch a playoff berth & the #3 seed in the divisional round with a win in regulation over Colorado Wednesday night.
- Alaska has a scant two-point lead on Missouri, but the Mavericks have a game in hand. Here is a look at the standings, the games remaining, upcoming schedule & the team’s ROW total (non-shootout wins):
|TEAM||RECORD||ROW||GAMES LEFT||UP NEXT|
|4||Alaska Aces||31-25-3-7 (72 pts)||30||6 (3H, 3A)||@FTW Wed|
|5||Missouri Mavericks||31-26-3-5 (70 pts)||28||7 (1H, 6A)||@ALN Wed|
Here is how the bracket shakes out if the playoffs started today. Teams who have clinched berths are represented by an “X” next to their seeding.
The Race for the Brabham Cup:
The race for the ECHL regular season championship is tight between the Colorado Eagles and Toledo Walleye. Here is a look at the standings entering action on Tuesday:
|Toledo Walleye||48-14-2-1 (100 pts)||6 (3H, 3A)|
|Colorado Eagles||45-17-2-3 (95 pts)||5 (0H, 5A)|
|Allen Americans||43-17-4-2 (92 pts)||6 (4H, 2A)|
|Florida Everblades||41-19-2-3 (87 pts)||7 (4H, 3A)|
The importance of winning the Brabham Cup is that it gives the winner home-ice advantage throughout every round of the playoffs for as long as they are in.
Stay with thesinbin.net as we keep track of all the playoff races across the ECHL!
Please consider becoming a Patron as a way to say thanks and support us for what we do! https://www.patreon.com/thesinbinhockey