DENVER – The Colorado Eagles played host to the Central Division’s San Antonio Rampage for the second season in a row Friday night. Led by a scoring effort from five different players and an explosive four-goal third period, the Eagles downed the Rampage by a final score of 5-1.
With this weekend highlighting the Eagles Fight Cancer specialty jerseys and fundraiser, Colorado faces off once again with San Antonio on Saturday night (7:05pm MST). Here’s a quick breakdown of tonight’s matchup.
SAN ANTONIO RAMPAGE
- Record: 14-18-11 (.453); 39 points, eighth place of out eight in Central Division, 14th out of 15 in the Western Conference
- Home Record: 9-8-8 (.520)
- Road Record: 5-10-3 (.361)
- Power Play: 39 goals on 175 attempts (22.3%, 5th in the AHL)
- Penalty Kill: 29 goals allowed on 161 attempts (82.0%, 16th)
- Goals For Per Game: 2.79 (23rd)
- Goals Against Per Game: 3.28 (26th)
- Shots For Per Game: 33.72 (1st)
- Shots Against Per Game: 27.79 (3rd)
- Statistical Standout: Derrick Pouliot is third amongst AHL defensemen in overall scoring and assists (6G +26A = 32 PTS in 40 GP). Pouliot is also first among d-men in power play assists (18) and points (20); those figures are also good for second in overall league totals.
- Fast Fact: San Antonio is currently on a three-game losing streak, dating back to January 18. The Rampage played Wilkes-Barre/Scranton to both a shootout loss (Jan.18) and overtime loss (Jan. 21) before being down by Colorado in regulation (Jan. 24).
- Record: 22-13-4 (.615); 48 points, third place out of seven in Pacific Division, fifth out of 15 in the Western Conference
- Home Record: 11-6-2 (.632)
- Road Record: 11-7-2 (.600)
- Power Play: 24 goals on 165 attempts (14.5%, 25th in the AHL)
- Penalty Kill: 28 goals allowed on 144 attempts (80.6%, 23rd)
- Goals For Per Game: 3.31 (8th)
- Goals Against Per Game: 2.95 (14th)
- Shots For Per Game: 31.33 (10th)
- Shots Against Per Game: 32.44 (27th)
- Statistical Standouts: Defenseman Jacob MacDonald is second among defensemen in goal scoring and tied for sixth in overall scoring (8G + 18A = 26 PTS in 39 GP). Fellow d-man Kevin Connauton is tied for first regarding game-winning goals for d-men (three) and has 14 points in his last eight home games.
- Fast Fact: In their four-game road trip, Colorado lost two games against San Jose and Stockton by a combined score of 12-2. Two wins against Bakersfield and Stockton yielded a combined score of 10-5.
Follow C.C. on Twitter for live, in-game reporting and overall updates on the Colorado Eagles! Don’t forget to follow The Sin Bin on Twitter and Facebook for all additional AHL, ECHL, and SPHL minor league hockey coverage and insights!
Please consider becoming a Patron as a way to say thanks and support us for what we do! https://www.patreon.com/thesinbinhockey