Allen Americans correspondent Barry Janssen is currently on vacation. Filling in for Barry is Mary Betz and Ted Hosterman.
Before an official crowd of 4, 289 in Independence, MO, the Allen Americans were defeated by a score of 4-1. This was Missouri’s first regulation victory over the Americans since joining the ECHL. Nothing seemed to click for the team in red last night as there were numerous missed passes and not enough pucks challenging Missouri goalie Josh Robinson. By coach Martinson’s own admission the team was outskated and outplayed.
- Shots on Goal (SOG): Allen – 18, Missouri – 42 – Allen managed only 3 second period shots despite being on a 5 minute power play.
- Each team had a power play goal with Allen being 1 for 4 and Missouri 1 for 5
- Goalie Joel Rumpel saw 42 shots on net and stopped 38 of them. He made some highlight reel saves to keep the score from being worse.
- Missouri goalie Josh Robinson stopped 17 of 18 attempts and maintained his ECHL lead in GAA (1.36)
- Ian Schultz and Vincent Arseneau left the ice with injuries in the second period. Arseneau later returned; Schultz is still out with no update on the extent of his injury. Maverick’s forward Josh Holmstrom was given a 5 minute major penalty for elbowing and a game misconduct for his hit on Schultz.
- Forward Mike DiPaolo was put on waivers
- Defenseman Jacob Poe was signed.
- Forward Chance Braid was acquired in a trade with Idaho
- Below are statistics on Poe and Braid
Here is video from coach Martinson’s post game comments from last night:
- This is the second meeting of the teams with Allen winning the previous meeting 5-2 at the AEC on November 10.
- Wichita is in third place in the Central Division of the Western Conference, trailing Allen by 9 points with one game in hand.
- Statistically Allen would look to be the overwhelming favorite but in 2014-2015 Wichita was 8-8-0-1 in their 17 meetings.
- Scoring leader for Wichita is Peter Sakaris with 10 points; goal lead is shared by 5 players, each with 4 goals.
- Allen continues to be undefeated when scoring first and also when leading after the 1st period.
- Meetings between these two teams has historically been very physical. Look for a hard fought game.
Please consider becoming a Patron as a way to say thanks and support us for what we do! https://www.patreon.com/thesinbinhockey