The Providence Bruins took on the Bridgeport Sound Tigers at the Webster Bank Arena in Bridgeport, CT Wednesday night. Malcolm Subban got the start in net for the Bruins and was opposed by Christopher Gibson for the Sound Tigers. The P-Bruins looked to end their losing streak and get back into the win column.

The game started out with both teams trading chances early up and down the ice testing the goalies. Subban was tested early and was able to keep the puck out of the net and keep the game tied. At the other end of the ice, Gibson was also tested by the Bruins, but wasn’t didn’t get the same amount of quality shots. The period ended without any goals and the shots were 11-7 in favor of the baby Bruins.

Both teams looked to find the back of the net as they came out for the second period. The Bruins found the back of net first when Dalton Smith scored from Rob Bordson and Garry Nunn. But mid-way through the second the tide started to turn back towards the Sound Tigers. Sebastian Collberg broke the shut out for the Sound Tigers assisted by Matt Carkner and Joe Whitney. Later in the period, a Chris Casto interference penalty put the Sound Tigers on the power play. It didn’t take long for Justin Vaive to convert a Ryan Pulock pass to give the Sound Tigers the lead, Joe Whitney was given the secondary assist on the goal. A scrum broke out in front of the net and when it was all sorted out the Bruins went to the power play. Max Talbot snapped the power-play funk when he scored on the power play assisted by Matt Irwin. The period ended with both teams tied 2-2 and the two period total in shots 23 to 19 in favor of the Providence Bruins.

The Bruins looked to score early and often to take control of the game. The Bruins got an early goal from Austin Czarnik just 59 seconds into the third assisted by Seth Griffith and Ben Youds. The Sound Tigers came right back when Bracken Kearns picked off a breakout pass and took it down and slipped it passed Subban to tie the game. Both teams traded chance back and forth, but neither could find the back of the net. With less than six minutes left in the game the Sound Tigers found the back of the net again to take the lead. The goal was scored by Alan Quine assisted by Jesse Graham and Ryan Strome. Despite a late push by the Bruins they just couldn’t find the back of the net. They would lose this game by the score of 4-3 with the final shots 31 to 26 in favor of the Providence Bruins.

The three stars of the game represented both teams late offense. Third star Austin Czarnik, who scored the goal that gave the Bruins the lead early in the third. Second star Bracken Kearns, who tied the game for the Sound Tigers. First star Alan Quine, who scored the game winning goal for the Sound Tigers and put them past the Bruins. The Providence Bruins will return home to play the Albany Devils at the Dunkin Donuts Center.

Please consider becoming a Patron as a way to say thanks and support us for what we do!