It is Christmas Eve and there is no hockey being played so thought it would be a good day to share some of my and hopefully your favorite videos from the Allen Americans. Believe me, you don’t have to be an Allen Americans fan or even a hockey fan to enjoy most of these videos.
So sit back and enjoy “Christmas Eve at the Movies” and hopefully you are looking at these on a big screen or monitor. If you have never seen these videos they will bring a smile to your face and if you have seen them a bunch of times they bring back some great memories.
– The Allen Americans created a “lip sync challenge” contest two years ago and a couple of classics came out of that promotion. Check out this one with Jamie Schaafsma.
– The Allen Americans Ice Angels are a huge part of the Allen Americans organization. Whether promoting the team on local television or in the community, interacting with fans before the game, or displaying their extraordinary beauty and talent on the ice and in the stands, they are special. This video speaks for itself. https://youtu.be/jhhVUN6159o
– This one takes you back to the Allen rivalry with the Brahmas and NYTEX Sports Centre. It is a silent film starring Biscuit.
– Of all of the videos related to the Allen Americans over their eight years as a franchise this one is far and away the most watched of all time. There are several versions on YouTube and they have combined for over 300,000 views. It is the famous Judd Blackwater vs Jim Jorgenson fight from 2011.
– Here are two Garrett Klotz videos that you will enjoy. You have to remember Klotz is 6’6″ and 250 pounds. Tom Manning, who for years was responsible for all the shenanigans during the game and played Santa in the dance offs in the stands, the blues brothers etc. played the Denver player in one of these videos. He told Klotz to really hit him but had no idea what that meant to Klotz. Manning was sore for days after that hit.
– This one is a playoff commercial from 2014 where Jamie Schaafsma and Darryl Bootland use “hashtags” to the extreme. Very funny.
– Spontaneous reactions are always the best and what happened between Allen coach Steve Martinson and Wichita coach Kevin McClelland during a game in 2013 at the Allen Event Center was priceless. The two coaches are in fact good friends.
– This one is called “broken arm” for obvious reasons.
– Allen has won three championships and they were all special but for my money nothing will ever rival the first one in 2013. It took seven games to beat arch rival Missouri in the semi-finals and then another big rival, Wichita in the finals. To win your first championship in the most dramatic game in team history in game seven will never be forgotten. Allen was down 2-0 with 13 minutes left in the game and 2-1 with less than three minutes left only to come back and tie the game on goals by Jarret Lukin and Trevor Hendrikx and send it to overtime. Then that dramatic overtime goal by Todd Robinson off a great pass from Mike Montgomery completed the comeback victory. Here are the highlights from that championship. This video is nine minutes long but worth every second and for Allen fans will give you chills even if you have watched it dozens of times.
DID YOU KNOW: It’s video day so this has to be another video. How about the NHL’s Greatest Dekes and Dangles for your watching pleasure.
Please consider becoming a Patron as a way to say thanks and support us for what we do! https://www.patreon.com/thesinbinhockey