LAFAYETTE, La. – We’re doing our best to practice social distancing on this episode of the Inside the SPHL Podcast!
On this episode, recorded on Tuesday, March 17, 2020, Harding and Campos are joined by Macon Mayhem beat reporter Brad Harrison, and Pensacola Ice Flyers beat reporter Geoff Nichols.
The guys discuss a wide array of topics, including:
- How the COVID-19 Pandemic is affecting each of us
- When the outbreak became real for us?
- The shutdown of sports and minor league hockey last Thursday
- A proposed schedule for the NHL, should it resume, and what impact this iteration could have on minor league hockey in 2020-21?
Per @TSN_Sports @PierreVLeBrun @frank_seravalli @DarrenDreger the NHL players and some of the Board of Governors are in favor of this plan to some extent. Very interesting. Situation is obviously very fluid. pic.twitter.com/qZJJbcYcTS
— Jason Myrtetus (@jasonmyrt) March 17, 2020
- Breaking down the SPHL season
- Breaking down playoff matchups based on points percentage
- Handing out our major season-ending SPHL awards (MVP, Most Outstanding Netminder, Most Outstanding Defenseman, Rookie of the Year, Coach of the Year)
- Major storylines from the season
- How the landscape of minor league hockey could change as a result of the stoppage
- Possible COVID-19 merch ideas
We hope that the podcast has been fun, informative, and given you some time away from the constant wave of bad news and panic we’ve been hearing about the Coronavirus.
We will be back soon with new episodes and guests. In the meantime, be kind to each other and wash those hands!