LAFAYETTE, La. — After six excruciatingly long weeks, Mike Campos and Matt Harding emerge from their post-season slumber and bring y’all another episode of the sometimes-hockey-related hijinks we call our Inside the SPHL Podcast!
Our error-prone 53rd episode, recorded on June 25th, 2018, is the first of our 2018 summer series of silly-season podcasts.
Here’s what the boys had on the agenda:
- We unveil our brand new theme music for the 2017-18 season and Harding is pumped AF.
- What’s the better marketing plan? Snickers, which makes you smarter and nicer – or Milky Way, which seems to do the opposite?
- Since we last aired, we lost our friends in Mississippi but gained new, familiar ones, in the Quad Cities.
- The QC Storm hits a home run with the hiring of the SPHL’s first female team president in Gwen Tombergs.
- We break down all of the SPHL coaching changes from last season.
- Dave Pszenyczny named the first coach of the Quad City Storm.
- Dan Bremner begins his first full season in Roanoke.
- Leo Thomas makes history in Macon.
- Jesse Kallechy attempts to stabilize the bench of the Fayetteville Marksmen.
- Rod Aldoff returns for his third go with the Pensacola Ice Flyers
- One of our broadcaster friends lands a new gig.
- For our Walmart Product of the Week… You can drop it like it’s hot when you take a squat!
You can catch future episodes of Inside the SPHL on our brand-new The Sin Bin app –available in the iTunes and Google Play stores — or through a variety of podcast sharing platforms. Click on your preferred platform on the right side of this page and be sure to subscribe!