LAFAYETTE, La. – After a week with Matthew Harding on the 7-day IR, we’re back for our slightly-delayed 41st episode of our almost-playoff-bound Inside the SPHL Podcast! It’s your weekly look at your favorite professional hockey league with a bit of nonsense thrown in.
This particular gem was recorded on Valentine’s Day, where Harding and Mike Campos (For the record, Campos did his Valentine’s Day stuff the day before… Harding has no excuse) talked about stuff and things.
- Harding reveals why he missed last week… and it’s not for the weak of stomach.
- We’re still really pleased with our last episode with Birmingham Bulls broadcaster Eli Gold.
- There’s been plenty of road trips among Team Sin Bin: The Indianapolis trip, photographer Ed Bailey‘s six-game trip, and Campos’ six-game “virtual road trip.”
- After getting a detailed look at teams in action around the league, Campos gives his thoughts on who’s hot and who’s not and begin looking into postseason chances and predictions.
- The ECHL is getting a new commissioner. What are the odds Brian McKenna‘s replacement is SPHL President Jim Combs?
- The SPHL reached its 100th ECHL call-up of the season this week and so many Macon Mayhem players are with the Atlanta Gladiators, the ECHL team made an all-SPHL starting lineup – with Pensacola’s Sean Bonar in net – on Tuesday night against the Greenville Swamp Rabbits.
- Admit it, you’ve been watching curling during the 2018 Olympic Winter Games in PyeongChang, South Korea. Campos and Harding talk about their favorite events which are unfortunately only popular once every four years.
- Lots of news from around the SPHL, including the Pensacola Bay Center woes and the trend of planned building renovations across the league’s venues.
You can catch future episodes of Inside the SPHL on our brand-new The Sin Bin app –available in the iTunes and Google Play stores — or through a variety of podcast sharing platforms. Click on your preferred platform on the right side of this page and be sure to subscribe!