LAFAYETTE, LA — It’s our final full podcast episode of 2017, and our 37th (in a row) overall. Welcome back to another almost-non-disastrous edition of our Inside the SPHL Podcast! Tonight’s episode, a rare Thursday night show recorded on December 21st, 2017, finds one half of our dynamic duo out on the IR… meaning – horror of all horrors – Campos is running solo.
Fortunately, our guest tonight is Mississippi RiverKings broadcaster TJ Chillot, who really buys into our team concept. Kudos to TJ for hanging out with us on his birthday when he could be out getting some birthday brews with the boys. In tonight’s episode:
- The Macon Mayhem just can’t stop scoring, even on our show.
- Some big news in the league besides Macon’s record-setting 19 goals against the same opponent on back-to-back nights.
- The Knoxville Ice Bears and Peoria Rivermen had a pretty wild team scrap after Saturday night’s contest.
- What does the Fayetteville Marksmen do to bounce back after last weekend’s disaster?
- We learn about how TJ got into the business, and what similarities there are between car sales and broadcasting.
- The SPHL’s second in-season regime change happened in Roanoke. What changes to the Rail Yard Dawgs are in order from rookie coach Dan Bremner?
- TJ breaks down the RiverKings season so far.
- This week’s SPHL three stars
- John Siemer (C-MAC)
- Shawn Bates (LW-HSV)
- Chase Nieuwendyk (C-EVV)
- A quick breakdown of the notable teams in this week’s SPHL Writers Poll.
- TJ takes questions and birthday greetings from RiverKings fans.
- Our SPHL Christmas wishes.
Follow the Mississippi RiverKings:
You can follow TJ on Twitter at https://www.twitter.com/tj_chillot
Next week, we run our “Best of” episode, featuring our favorite podcast moments from earlier this season.
You can catch future episodes of Inside the SPHL on our brand-new The Sin Bin app –available in the iTunes and Google Play stores — or through a variety of podcast sharing platforms. Click on your preferred platform on the right side of this page and be sure to subscribe!