LAFAYETTE, LA — Welcome to our 35th episode of the ever-improving Inside the SPHL podcast! For the first time, Mike Campos and Matt Harding record the podcast using Facebook Live on the Sin Bin SPHL Facebook page. Mr. Murphy laid the law down hard on the boys early on, which made for a comical start to the show while Campos (it’s all his fault) took about 15 minutes to finally get the audio sorted out – which, you know, for a podcast is kind of crucial.
We’d like to thank all of our listeners on Facebook and Mixlr for your patience while we worked out the kinks. Y’all are the best!
On this week’s dumpster fire of a show:
- The guys finally figure out how to broadcast on Facebook without an echo.
- Announce the expansion of Macon Mayhem game broadcasts on The Sin Bin app.
- Give their picks for division captains for the NHL All-Star Game.
- Announce The Sin Bin will have coverage of the ECHL All-Star Classic from Indianapolis, IN and the SPHL All-Star fan vote will be coming back for the third year.
- Offer up their surprises and disappointments for the month of November in the SPHL.
- Campos makes his picks for the SPHL Three Stars for Week Seven and the month of November.
- An old friend is writing again, and we’re pleased about it.
- Wonder aloud what Wednesday afternoon’s Birmingham Bulls press conference is all about.
- The Pensacola Ice Flyers game on Friday gets moved to Monday because of a Trump rally for a Senate candidate in a nearby state ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
- Next week’s guest: Justin Bradford from Penalty Box Radio.
You can catch future episodes of Inside the SPHL on our brand-new The Sin Bin app –available in the iTunes and Google Play stores — or through a variety of podcast sharing platforms. Click on your preferred platform on the right side of this page and be sure to subscribe!