LAFAYETTE, LA — We have another episode of our almost-award-nominated Inside the SPHL Podcast coming at you right MEOW! Joining Mike Campos and Matt Harding on the show tonight is the Fayetteville Marksmen’s director of communications (and internet celebrity), Ben Garrod.
Why is Ben so famous? Perhaps it’s his intermission interview with the Kalamazoo Wings’ Ray Kaunisto…
Check out his magical singing voice!
— FayettevilleMarksmen (@Marksmen_Hockey) July 17, 2017
On tonight’s blooper reel of a show…
- Ben gives us the behind-the-scenes story on his viral video with Kaunisto.
- We discuss the divorce between the Nashville Predators and the ECHL Norfolk Admirals as the organizations dissolved their affiliation agreement and how the fallout from the split trickles all the way down to the SPHL.
- Campos and Harding report on the final week of our #HockeyFightsCancer campaign.
- Garrod talks about last week’s early dismissal of head coach Nick Mazzolini and how new bench boss Phil Esposito (no relation) will affect the squad.
- The boys drill down Fayetteville’s sub-par start to the 2017-18 campaign and give their thoughts on what needs to be done to make a move up the standings.
- We talk about how the Mississippi RiverKings, riding a balanced lineup and solid goaltending from former Fayetteville netminder Tyler Green, are poised to take command of the SPHL.
- With the Marksmen making an in-season coaching change, we consider what the Birmingham Bulls would need to do in order for the struggling expansion team to reverse their fortunes.
- Meanwhile, in Evansville, the Thunderbolts are putting together a solid goalie tandem in Tomas Sholl and Jonah Imoo. Will we see playoff hockey at the Ford Center?
- Finally, we give our three stars from week six of the season and preview the big games coming up this weekend.
You can catch future episodes of Inside the SPHL on our brand-new The Sin Bin app –available in the iTunes and Google Play stores — or through a variety of podcast sharing platforms. Click on your preferred platform on the right side of this page and be sure to subscribe!