LAFAYETTE, LA — It took an extra week, but Roanoke Rail Yard Dawgs broadcaster Brian Gardner joins Matt Harding and Mike Campos for his first-ever visit to our Inside the SPHL Podcast! Our 32nd episode, recorded live on November 14, 2017, is your inside look around the Southern Professional Hockey League.
- The newly-wedded Campos talks about last weekend’s nuptials.
- We had our first Tuesday night game of the new SPHL season and broadcast scoring updates from the Pensacola Ice Flyers’ attempt to advance to 8-0-0 on the season against the Mississippi RiverKings.
- Campos and Harding give Gardner a hard time over ditching last week’s show for the NHL.
- November is Hockey Fights Cancer month, and we all talk about our plans for supporting cancer research and why we are committed to battling this disease.
- Harding has a reason why he sports a horseshoe-shaped mustache during November.
- We go in-depth with Gardner on the state of the Rail Yard Dawgs, including why center Steve Mele is one of the hardest-working players both on and off the ice.
- Gardner goes into his baseball background and discusses the difference between calling hockey and baseball.
- The guys go into an in-depth discussion of the minor-league hockey media landscape
- Campos releases his three stars of the previous week:
★ – Justin Greenberg (C-Peoria) – 2GP, 3G/2A +2
★★ – Garret Milan (LW-Pensacola) – 3GP, 3G/3A +5
★★★ – Daniel Gentzler (LW-Macon) 3GP, 3G/3A +2
- Finally, we go over the lack of major changes in the SPHL Power Rankings for the week.
You can catch future episodes of Inside the SPHL on our brand-new The Sin Bin app –available in the iTunes and Google Play stores — or through a variety of podcast sharing platforms. Click on your preferred platform on the right side of this page and be sure to subscribe!
Please consider becoming a Patron as a way to say thanks and support us for what we do! https://www.patreon.com/thesinbinhockey