LAFAYETTE, LA — The boys are back on All Hallows’ Eve for their 30th episode of our remotely controlling Inside the SPHL Podcast! Joining Matt Harding and Mike Campos for tricks and treats is the voice of your Peoria Rivermen, Brad Kupiec.
In tonight’s spooktacular episode…
- Campos and Harding re-enact the end scene from Michael Jackson’s iconic Thriller video, but as Macho Man Randy Savage and Hulk Hogan.
- We get to know a little bit more about Brad Kupiec, including how he relaxes with a little Brazilian jiu-jitsu and a cool moment with former Rivermen goalie Kyle Rank.
- Since it’s Halloween, the fellas tell all about their most liked and most despised trick-or-treat candies and why candy corn may not be the most hated treat in the ol’ jack-o-lantern.
- Since it’s possible to be a sexy bag of Skittles tonight, we go through a list on Buzzfeed about other costumes which just shouldn’t exist. (Sexy Bert & Ernie? I have no words.)
- Sidebar: We did agree Sexy Bacon should absolutely be a thing.
- Finally, we get around to hockey and five things we learned in the SPHL last weekend.
- The Evansville Thunderbolts are really missing their goaltending.
- The Rivermen are not out to their usual slow start this year.
- The Birmingham Bulls may be having an identity crisis.
- Jake Trask – our first SPHL star of the week – is igniting the dormant Mayhem offensive attack.
- The Knoxville Ice Bears new uniforms are a nightmare for broadcasters.
- Speaking of three stars, here is the complete list for last week.
- ⭐️ Jake Trask (MAC) – Hatty, 4G, 2A +5
- ⭐️ ⭐️ Sean Bonar (PEN) – Second shutout in two games. 145:49 scoreless streak dating back to last season.
- ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ Josh Erickson (KNX) – Hatty.
- Sy Nutkevitch of the Huntsville Havoc gets the league’s first suspension of the year, however, one detail was missed in the chaos.
- Kupiec gets asked a big “what if” question: Could the Rivermen make a bid at the Colorado Eagles soon-to-be-dormant ECHL franchise when the Eagles move up to the AHL next season?
- Finally, we preview the big upcoming games slated for this weekend:
- The unbeaten and unscored upon Pensacola Ice Flyers make their trip to Carver Arena.
- The sophomore squads, Evansville and Roanoke, meet for the first time this season in Virginia.
- Hockey returns to Birmingham, Alabama, as the Birmingham Bulls play their first home game in the remodeled Pelham Civic Center.
Next week on the podcast, we welcome Roanoke Rail Yard Dawgs broadcaster, Brian Gardner, for his first visit to The Sin Bin.
You can catch future episodes of Inside the SPHL on our brand-new The Sin Bin app –available in the iTunes and Google Play stores — or through a variety of podcast sharing platforms. Click on your preferred platform on the right side of this page and be sure to subscribe!
Please consider becoming a Patron as a way to say thanks and support us for what we do! https://www.patreon.com/thesinbinhockey