It’s time to unleash our nineteenth episode of our almost-award-winning Inside the SPHL Podcast! Join Matthew Harding and Mike Campos for their weekly look into the world of southern hockey! This week’s show was recorded on Tuesday, February 28th, 2017.
Matty and Mike covered plenty of topics across hockey and pop culture tonight, including…
- Today was Mardi Gras in New Orleans and several cities across the south. Mike tries to explain to the Wichita native Fat Tuesday from the local’s perspective.
- There’s a giraffe giving birth – and it’s the newest viral sensation on the Internet.
- We had a game going on in the league tonight, with the Fayetteville FireAntz hosting the Roanoke Rail Yard Dawgs.
- The status quo was mostly enforced this week in the league, but it didn’t stop Columbus’ Craig Simchuk from winding up in Judge Price’s court.
- We remember the losses of the original People’s Court judge and World War II veteran Joseph Wapner and iconic character actor Bill Paxton.
- March is here, and we do a team-by-team rundown of all of the players currently in the ECHL and their possibilities of returning to their SPHL teams.
- We begin our look at the playoff races to watch as the regular season enters its final full month.
- Four trades went down by the SPHL trade deadline on Monday, we break down all of them.
- A writer asks our favorite Billy Joel albums
- Finally, we welcome a new writer to our #TeamSinBin family!
You can now hear other previous episodes of Inside the SPHL and In the Corners podcasts through a number of podcast sharing platforms. Click on your favorite platform on the right side of this page and be sure to subscribe!
Please consider becoming a Patron as a way to say thanks and support us for what we do! https://www.patreon.com/thesinbinhockey