Welcome to the Inside the SPHL Podcast, where Matthew Harding and Sin Bin SPHL Editor Mike Campos discuss the hot topics around the Southern Professional Hockey League!
In this edition, recorded on Tuesday, January 17th, the guys talk about several topics, including:
- Harding survived the ice storm with no loss of power. Others in Kansas, not so much.
- The launch of our new podcast dedicated to ECHL, called “In the Corners with Harding and Metcalf”
- The hit on Adam Brace of the Florida Everblades and how bad the ECHL looks for no suspension:
— Chris Kushneriuk (@stonecoldkush) January 16, 2017
- The need for a two-referee system and replay in the ECHL. Will the SPHL have a two-referee system before the ECHL does?
- Voting is over for our SPHL All-Star team. More than 86,000 votes were cast. Thanks for the incredible response! We will roll out the full SPHL All-Star team next week.
- Lord Garrett Bartus gets the callup to AHL Manitoba…he’s not likely to be back to Macon for a while.
- Former Roanoke Rail Yard Dawgs goalie Brandon Anderson had a shutout streak of 269:36 snapped Monday. The guys debate whether Anderson would go back to Roanoke if Norfolk is out of the playoff race.
- Some shuffling could be coming within the top four of the SPHL standings
- The guys announce that Mike Craigen from the Knoxville Ice Bears will be a guest on the podcast next week!
- The Sin Bin has a group of haters on Facebook, to which we respond with the lovely Taylor Swift:
You can now hear other Into the Sin Bin Interviews and previous editions of Inside the SPHL podcasts through a number of podcast sharing platforms. Click on your favorite platform on the right side of this page and be sure to subscribe!