LAFAYETTE, La. — It’s time for another episode of our gold-medal-winning Inside the SPHL Podcast! On this week’s episode of the Harding and Campos bring on their teammate from this year’s champion curling squad, and true voice of your Fayetteville Marksmen – Ben Garrod!
A name which Harding promptly butchered, forcing an impromptu reminder.
Here’s the rundown for our 43rd episode, recorded on February 28th, 2018:
- Marksmen owner Chuck Norris allegedly caught the flu, apparently from Harding. Campos was skeptical because Chuck Norris doesn’t get a flu shot, the flu gets a Chuck Norris shot.
- Garrod, our first two-time guest this season, talks about what it’s like to be the broadcast voice of a professional hockey team and the challenges of being a positive voice on social media during an off season.
- Fayetteville was the big seller before Monday’s SPHL’s trade deadline, dealing three players out in a trio of two-for-one swaps. We break down all three deals on our version of TradeCentre – TSN’s popular show for the NHL trade deadline.
- The changes for the Marksmen extended behind the bench recently, with John Bierchen replacing Phil Esposito as the on-ice boss. We talk about the impact of Fayetteville’s second coaching change this season.
- We preview this week’s SPHL matchups, and more – including the Marksmen’s St. Patrick’s Day sweaters.
Next week’s show will be a special Sunday afternoon episode, featuring former SPHL veteran from the Mississippi Surge, Louisiana IceGators, Peoria Rivermen – Adam Stuart. Stuart, currently playing in France with the Brest Albatross, will be joining us from overseas with his takes on living on the west coast of France and the differences in play between European and American leagues.
You can catch future episodes of Inside the SPHL on our brand-new The Sin Bin app –available in the iTunes and Google Play stores — or through a variety of podcast sharing platforms. Click on your preferred platform on the right side of this page and be sure to subscribe!