Welcome to the “In The Corners” Podcast, now hosted by C.C. Hawkley! In The Corners has reached the half-century mark, reaching episode number 50 in its little over year and a half run. Episode 50 was the fourth episode that C.C. has manned as the main host, and he brought along The Sin Bin’s ECHL Editor Kristen Wooten as his guest co-host! With the majority of ECHL training camps starting the day of the broadcast, the focus of the podcast of course was indicative of the fast-approaching hockey season…
C.C. and Kristen discussed when to talk hockey in the offseason, and what signs during the summer (or fall) indicate hockey season is just around the corner.
The hockey world at-large segment tackled a new mascot, new affiliation, and bold predictions for the upcoming season…
- The Philadelphia Flyers’ new mascot, Gritty…nightmare fuel or over-the-top fun?
- Brampton’s official new affiliation with Ottawa…a tale of two dumpster fires
- Three BOLD predictions for 2018-19 from each member of #TeamSinBin
- Kristen talks Cincy Cyclones returning and departing players, as well as attending the Chicago Wolves training camp and catching up with Fort Wayne Komets Head Coach Gary Graham
- C.C. attended the first day of Steelheads training camp, listing the familiar faces returning (forward Justin Parizek coming back from injury) and the new faces primed to make an impact in Idaho
Last week’s Closing Time segment tackled concussions in the sport of hockey and the mental health issues stemming from it. Kristen personally had an experience with concussions when she attended Miami University (Ohio) during her softball playing career, and went into detail as to how it has affected her hockey analyst career…and her life in general.
PROGRAMMING NOTE: “In The Corners” will now be broadcast LIVE every week throughout the 2018-19 regular season! Come join C.C. Hawkley and his guest hosts every Monday night at 8:30 pm ET / 7:30 pm CT / 6:30 pm MT!
You can catch future episodes of “In the Corners Podcast” on our brand-new The Sin Bin app –available in the iTunes and Google Play stores — or through a variety of podcast sharing platforms. Click on your preferred platform on the right side of this page and be sure to subscribe! The “In the Corners podcast” can also be heard on our new home at Penalty Box Radio!
Please consider becoming a Patron as a way to say thanks and support us for what we do! https://www.patreon.com/thesinbinhockey