Welcome to the “In The Corners Podcast,” now hosted by C.C. Hawkley! In this edition of the podcast, C.C. is joined by The Sin Bin’s Editor-in-Chief Matthew Harding, SPHL Editor Mike Campos, and 2015 ECHL Hall of Famer Louis Dumont, who was recently was named as the ECHL’s best player in the last 30 years.
Dumont was recently named number one on the ECHL’s Top 30 players of all-time to commemorate the league’s 30th anniversary year this past season. Dumont’s 566 assists and 891 points are both first on the ECHL’s all-time list, while his 325 goals and 771 games played are both third all-time. “Lou” played 12 seasons for seven different ECHL clubs from 1994 to 2011 before becoming the General Manager of the Louisiana IceGators (SPHL) from 2011 to 2016. Dumont was also inducted into the ECHL Hall of Fame in 2015.
Before Dumont was thoroughly grilled and roasted by Mike Campos (not really), a brief segment of Home Cookin’ gave us a brief peek of each host’s local hockey markets:
- Matthew Harding gave a quick rundown of the Wichita Thunder’s off-season activity
- C.C. Hawkley chimed in with the Idaho Steelheads summertime transactions
- Mike Campos gave a short SPHL spiel before leading into our conversation with Louis Dumont
Some of the topics discussed with Dumont include:
- Dumont’s career in-depth
- Playing at the Cajundome
- Dumont’s reflection of the other players in the top-10 list
- His time in the SPHL and shutting down the Louisiana IceGators
- Best player he played with and his favorite coach
- Some stories from the road
You can catch future episodes of “In the Corners Podcast” on our brand-new The Sin Bin app –available in the iTunes and Google Play stores — or through a variety of podcast sharing platforms. Click on your preferred platform on the right side of this page and be sure to subscribe! The “In the Corners podcast” can also be heard on our new home at Penalty Box Radio!
Please consider becoming a Patron as a way to say thanks and support us for what we do! https://www.patreon.com/thesinbinhockey