Welcome to the “In The Corners Podcast,” now hosted by C.C. Hawkley! After some technical difficulties canceled his “first show” in July, C.C. worked out the gremlins to tackle Episode 47 once more. With his (second) first time behind the mic as host, C.C. had on The Sin Bin’s correspondent for the Indy Fuel (and resident Gear Guru) Mark Grainda to guest co-host. Here are the three segments (and more!) they discussed:
- The Sin Bin’s Logo Tournament now down to the final two: Orlando Solar Bears and Maine Mariners
- Were there any surprises or disappointments? How did Mark’s favorites do in his bracket?
- Matthew Harding‘s conversation with ECHL Commissioner-elect Ryan Crelin
- Players to Europe, westward expansion, Newfoundland travel, and the possibility of a shortened regular season
- South Carolina’s new Head Coach, Spiros Anastas
- Cincinnati to announce their new head coach on Tuesday (Editor’s Note: The Cyclones announced Matt Thomas was hired to replace Matt MacDonald)
- Wheeling’s head coach steps down after two-plus months on the job, moves to AHL
- How will the Nailers fare in a new division with their fourth coach in less than three years?
- Mark breaks down the Indy Fuel
- Chicago Blackhawks and Rockford IceHogs: Look at all those CONTRACTS…
- Fuel players returning and signed so far this offseason
- Fifth anniversary for the club this year…end of affiliation with Chicago?
- C.C. breaks down the Idaho Steelheads
- Idaho’s players that have returned and signed halfway through the offseason
- Mark’s connection to one of the Steelheads’ new faces
- NHL coming to Boise: Vegas and Dallas coming to the Treasure Valley in 2018
- Weighing in on the recent arrest (and disheartening mugshot) of Shaun Weiss, better know as Greg Goldberg from The Mighty Ducks film franchise…and how it can spur us to take action.
PROGRAMMING NOTE: “In The Corners” is currently in a monthly format during the summer months. The next episode is September 3, and will feature Kristen Wooten (@SinBinCyclones) and Samantha Hoffmann (@SinBinWolves) — dubbed the “Babes in the Box!” Don’t forget to tune in for more fun and hockey knowledge!
You can catch future episodes of “In the Corners Podcast” on our brand-new The Sin Bin app –available in the iTunes and Google Play stores — or through a variety of podcast sharing platforms. Click on your preferred platform on the right side of this page and be sure to subscribe! The “In the Corners podcast” can also be heard on our new home at Penalty Box Radio!