Welcome to another edition of the In the Corners podcast!
Metcalf is enjoying some R & R, so Harding heads to the bullpen and calls on Joe Rozycki to co-host the podcast this time. They are joined by Doyle Woody from the Alaska Dispatch News.
In this edition, recorded on Monday, June 12, 2017, the panel discusses:
- The major surprises and storylines of the Kelly Cup Playoffs, including Parker Milner‘s run, and the Toledo Walleye CEO whining about his team not winning the Kelly Cup.
- The Eagles’ run through the playoffs
- Major offseason dates coming up; some affiliations have already been announced & coaching jobs for 2017-18 have been filled
- ECHL plans on expanding it’s Northeast United States footprint in 2018-19. Is another team in the Northeast good or bad for an “east heavy” ECHL? Will Reno jump into the fray in 2018-19?
- Doyle’s thoughts on winning the ECHL Outstanding Media award for the fourth time. What are his thoughts on the award and is it time to expand the award to the online world?
PROGRAMMING NOTE: Now that the playoffs have concluded, the In the Corners podcast will shift to monthly through the summer.
You can now hear previous episodes of the In the Corners podcast, Inside the SPHL podcast and Into the Sin Bin Interviews through a number of podcast sharing platforms. Click on your favorite platform on the right side of this page and be sure to subscribe!