Welcome to the In the Corners podcast with Matthew Harding and Bobby Metcalf!
In this episode, recorded on Monday, April 3, 2017, the guys are joined by the beat writer for the Alaska Aces, Doyle Woody:
The guys discuss several topics, including:
- The reasons for the Aces folding, did the AHL westward expansion play a role?
- What is the atmosphere like around the team as the season enters it’s final week? Resignation or determination to get into the Kelly Cup Playoffs?
- What would it mean to the fans for the Aces to get into the playoffs?
- The atmosphere inside Sullivan Arena
- Memories of covering the beat
- The small world of hockey
- The art of “bar scouting” and the beauty of dive bars
- Playoff chatter
- Who wins the Brabham Cup? Toledo or Allen?
- Can Adirondack be considered as one of the contenders in the Eastern Conference?
- Who wants the final spot in the South?
- Race for the 4-seed in the mountain
- Hot topics in the ECHL:
- Larry Courville getting the boot in Reading, Kirk McDonald takes over
- Why Steve Martinson will likely not go to Reading
- Several good coaches on the market this summer
- Finally, the guys discuss team name changes…
You can now hear previous episodes of the In the Corners podcast, Inside the SPHL podcast and Into the Sin Bin Interviews through a number of podcast sharing platforms. Click on your favorite platform on the right side of this page and be sure to subscribe!
Please consider becoming a Patron as a way to say thanks and support us for what we do! https://www.patreon.com/thesinbinhockey