Welcome to the In the Corners podcast with Matthew Harding and Bobby Metcalf!
In this episode, recorded on Monday, March 13, 2017, the guys discuss the hot topics around the ECHL, including:
- Quad City/Fort Wayne puts on a thrilling first-round playoff preview Friday night
- What is left to play for after you’ve clinched all that you can clinch
- Fort Wayne head coach Gary Graham calls his team out for lacking a killer instinct. Is this Fort Wayne’s fatal flaw?
- Florida went 1-4 during their swing through the Central Division and allowed 5.25 goals per game during that stretch…can anyone from the East beat a Western Conference team?
- If Wheeling misses the playoffs, does Jeff Christian deserve a second season in The Wheel?
- Examine the race for spots 2-5 in the South & offer up who will be the odd team out
- We also handicap the race for the 4-seed in the Mountain division
- Thunder head coach Malcolm Cameron calls team “bums” after Friday night’s loss to Missouri. Were the remarks Kick in the pants for his team or a relief valve of frustration?
- Alaska Aces head coach Rob Murray enters the stands to confront a fan. Who was right & wrong and was the ECHL correct in their lack of discipline to Murray?
- We discuss who will win the league’s Rookie of the Year, Most Outstanding Goaltender, Most Outstanding Netminder, MVP & Coach of the Year awards.
You can now hear previous episodes of the In the Corners podcast, Inside the SPHL podcast and Into the Sin Bin Interviews through a number of podcast sharing platforms. Click on your favorite platform on the right side of this page and be sure to subscribe!