Welcome to the In the Corners podcast with Matthew Harding and Bobby Metcalf!
In this episode, recorded on Monday, July 10, 2017, the guys discuss their team’s progress during the offseason, and dive into five “Do You Care?” topics:
- Ben Wilson’s suspension
- ECHL making an effort to limit the number of games with “close-in” rivals and spreading them out among other teams in division
- The potential for the Colorado Eagles to move to the AHL in ’18-’19 and the money battle between the ECHL & similar leagues in Europe.
- Markets that could see an ECHL franchise (ownership notwithstanding)
- Hockey returning to Portland, ME in ’18-’19
- Seven NHL teams & four ECHL teams do not have affiliations
- The ECHL released their 30th Anniversary logo, calling it a “new era,” (and show each logo from their different eras) and the hubris of it being released on Independence Day in the United States
The fellas also talk 80’s music, TV shows they watch as a guilty pleasure & working the John Deere Classic golf tournament.
PROGRAMMING NOTE: Now that the playoffs have concluded, the In the Corners podcast will shift to monthly through the summer.
You can now hear previous episodes of the In the Corners podcast, Inside the SPHL podcast and Into the Sin Bin Interviews through a number of podcast sharing platforms. Click on your favorite platform on the right side of this page and be sure to subscribe!
Please consider becoming a Patron as a way to say thanks and support us for what we do! https://www.patreon.com/thesinbinhockey