On this edition of In The Corners with C.C. Hawkley, the show brings on not one, not two, but three guests to beat the dog days of summer! Newfoundland Growlers play-by-play broadcaster Chris Ballard, Penalty Box Radio host and editor-in-chief Justin Bradford, and The Sin Bin’s analytic guru Mac Moore all join the show for over two hours of hockey-filled banter to beat the offseason.
In his third appearance on the program, Chris tackled Newfoundland’s offseason as he pines for the start of next season…
- Partaking and recovering from the Kelly Cup celebration
- Last season’s horrid lease and tenuous relationship with the Mile One Centre
- Re-signing James Melindy for 2019-20 / AHL contracts for last season’s Growlers
- The goaltending abundance for the Maple Leafs organization next year
The man with many hockey hats in Smashville (Penalty Box Radio, SECHC league commissioner, and PA announcer for Vanderbilt hockey) answered a few questions about minor league hockey, as well…
- How did Justin become plugged in with The Sin Bin?
- Thoughts on the Predators new affiliation with the Florida Everblades
- New arena in Clarksville, TN: a Tennessee ECHL team in 2021?
- His take on Nashville trading P.K. Subban in order to sign Matt Duchene
Back for his second episode in a row, Mac and C.C. steered the podcast back to talk solely about the Premier ‘AA’ Hockey League…
- Analytic breakdown of the biggest ECHL offseason signings (so far)
- The new overtime rule: three-on-three for seven minutes instead of five
- Coaching changes (Brampton’s vacancy, Sheen in Idaho, New Owner and Coach in Norfolk, Christensen in Indy, Boudreau in Fort Wayne, Ramsay in Wichita, and Bergin in South Carolina)
- ECHL’s developmental (and expansion) future
The In The Corners Podcast is on a monthly format during the ECHL’s offseason. Join us again on Monday, August 12 for our next episode. In the meantime, follow along on the ECHL Transactions page to keep up with all the player movement this summer!