On this edition of the In The Corners Podcast with C.C. Hawkley…Anthony Fusco, play-by-play commentator for the Brampton Beast, joins the show! We take off to Canada yet again to interview the second of two broadcasters covering an ECHL squad from north of the border this season…this time, from the province of Ontario!
A late start due to technical difficulties doesn’t hamper conversation in the slightest, as C.C. welcomes the listeners back to Monday night (eat your heart out, MNF and Monday Night Raw!). Anthony joins the fun and talks about the big storm a-comin’ for Ontario (in centimetres, of course).
- From a six-game skid to points in ten of twelve, the Beast starting to live up to their name
- The North Division playoff race begins: does the story remain the same from last year’s photo finish?
- 2019 ECHL/CCM All-Star Classic MVP (and Brampton forward) David Pacan and what he brings/means to the squad in both the first and second halves of the season
- The first year under the Ottawa/Belleville affiliation tree
- Where they sit after a two-game, weekend set against Wichita
- You may know Brad McClure from such game-winning goals as…
- Leading scorers (forwards and defenders) plus games-played ironmen for the Steelheads
- Can Wichita squeak into the playoffs as a four-seed this season?
- Division Breakdowns: Which teams are starting to create separation? Where are the playoff races starting to flesh out?
- BREAKING: Jake Muzzin traded from LA to Toronto right before the show!
- Newfoundland Growlers Head Coach Ryan Clowe has permanently stepped down (on January 24) for the rest of the 2018-19 season (previously stepped away temporarily on November 21 after missing games in October, November)
- What does Anthony prefer: color commentary, or play-by-play?
- Minor league baseball and hockey broadcasting…one preps for the other?!
- How his past comm experience prepared him for his current role
- The Beast giving back to the Canadian military and veterans
PROGRAMMING NOTE: After airing at our normal day and time (Monday, February 4 at 6:30pm MT / 8:30pm ET), In The Corners will have a special run-time the following week on TUESDAY, February 12 at 6:30pm MT / 8:30pm ET. The Inside the SPHL podcast will air on Monday, February 11 for a special one-time broadcast! Tune into both shows two weeks from now!