On this episode of the In The Corners Podcast with C.C. Hawkley…Chad Koscak, Mascot Coordinator and Community Relations Director for the ECHL’s Rapid City Rush, joins the program to give his unique view of fan experience and community service from the stance of the Rush’s mascot, Nugget. Oh, and there may have been a fair amount of talkin’ hockey, as well!
Does Chad get recognized out in the community outside of the mascot costume?
What do the Black Hills of South Dakota look like in the fall and winter?
Chad provided a thorough insight into an impressive Rapid City start this season…
- The team’s glut of overtime games…and eeking them out for wins
- Stand-out players Andrew Radjenovic and Pierre-Luc Mercier
- The goaltending duo of Adam Carlson and Michael Bitzer
- Returning players, rookies, SPHL recruits, and what’s next in the weeks to come
C.C. ran down the busyness of the Steelheads, both on the ice and off
- Philippe Desrosiers and Elgin Pearce loaned to AHL Texas; Tony Calderone and Colton Point sent to Idaho
- Steelheads’ six-game road trip comes mercifully to an end
- Idaho’s divisional standing, games played, and the six-game homestand ahead
ECHL League Leaders and Other News
- Division Leaders: Adirondack, Jacksonville, Toledo, and Utah
- Scoring Leaders
- Fines and suspensions from the past week
C.C. dug a little deeper into Chad’s professional duties with the Rush…
- How did Chad get into working as, of all things, a mascot?
- Did Chad invent the Minnesota Wild mascot, Nordy?
- Differing mascot environments: A Rush game versus the community and Mount Rushmore
- The rewarding aspects of working out in the community
Follow Chad (@TheChadWasHere), Nugget (@NuggetTheMascot), and C.C. (@SinBinIdaho) on Twitter for their respective coverage of the ECHL’s Rapid City Rush and Idaho Steelheads! And don’t forget to tune in LIVE every Monday night at 6:30 pm MT / 7:30 pm CT / 8:30 pm ET for the In The Corners Podcast!