EVANSVILLE, IN – The IceMen look to keep positive momentum going after an exciting 2-1 shootout victory on Saturday. It’s a full week of hockey as the IceMen host the Komets tonight, Kalamazoo on Friday and then play a home and home with Cincinnati this weekend. A full preview of the weekend will be available later this week.
Fort Wayne Komets @ Evansville IceMen
Tuesday February 9, 2016
Ford Center, Evansville, IN
- The IceMen are 1-1 against Fort Wayne this year, splitting a pair of games in December.
- Scott Greenham is officially back with the team and will a welcome addition in net this weekend. He has a .911 save percentage this year in the eight games he’s played in Evansville.
- Christoffer Bengtsberg was a wall on Saturday night, stopping 33 of 34 shots he faced and stopped both shooters in the shootout.
- Danny Hobbs has eight points (4G, 4A) in his last eight games.
- The IceMen picked up their 16th win of the season on Saturday, which is one more than last year.
Fort Wayne Komets
- The Komets are 12-4 in 2016 and in 1st place in the Midwest Division.
- Mike Embach leads the team in goals with 21 and points with 48.
- The Komets received forward Troy Bourke from the AHL last Friday. In one game he has a goal and an assist.
- Pat Nagle continues to be his Pat Nagle self in net. In 32 games he’s now 20-8-2 with a GAA of 2.07
- The Komets have the 3rd best scoring differential in the league at +37. Missouri is first having scored 62 more goals than they’ve given up and Florida is 2nd with +43
What to Watch For
With over half the season in the can, there’s a big enough body of work to know who the IceMen are this year. The offense struggles to routinely score goals, but when it happens it comes in bunches. Each team has scored 11 goals combined in the two games played this year. That’s a pace I don’t expect to keep up on Tuesday night. IceMen defense and goaltending will need to be strong if Evansville wants to pick up another point or two tonight.
Please consider becoming a Patron as a way to say thanks and support us for what we do! https://www.patreon.com/thesinbinhockey