With the 2019-20 American Hockey League season put on hold by the COVID-19 pandemic, Toronto Marlies beat writer Zack Power reached out to The Sin Bin’s AHL Editor C.C. Hawkley to pick his brain about certain AHL topics regarding the stoppage.
In his brief interview, Zack asked C.C. about…
- Impact on both the players and financially for teams
- How the pause may affect players this season or the next
- The lack of closure for San Antonio before moving to Vegas
- Whether or not the AHL will follow the ECHL in cancelling their season
- If the AHL cancels their season but the NHL resumes, could there be a temporary allowance for a few more roster spots for AHL players to play in the NHL?
- Measures to be set in place for the leagues going forward
Follow Zack and C.C. on Twitter for Toronto Marlies, Colorado Eagles, and overall AHL coverage.
Don’t forget to also follow The Sin Bin on Twitter and Facebook for all additional AHL, ECHL, and SPHL minor league hockey coverage throughout the COVID-19 crisis and beyond.
Please consider becoming a Patron as a way to say thanks and support us for what we do! https://www.patreon.com/thesinbinhockey