INDIANAPOLIS – The Indy Fuel announced Saturday afternoon they have acquired forward Josh Shalla from the Wheeling Nailers in exchange for forward Tyler Currier and future considerations. Saturday’s announcement comes at the tail end of several roster moves made this week.
The Fuel announced a trade with the Allen Americans on Monday afternoon that sent forward Alex Guptill to Indy in exchange for defenseman Randy Cure. Along with Monday’s trade, Indy placed forwards Anthony Beauregard and Marek Tvrdon on the team’s suspension list. Beauregard returned to school at Concordia University in Montreal, Quebec. While Tvrdon returned to Slovakia to play for HK Nitra of the Slovak Extraliga.
Shalla comes to Indy from the Wheeling Nailers where he tallied 18 points (10g, 8a) in 23 games. Shalla brings some much needed scoring to the Indy roster, who has struggled to score as of late. The native of Oshawa, Ontario has tallied 161 points in (82g, 72a) in 215 ECHL games split between the Nailers, Toledo Walleye and Cincinnati Cyclones. The fourth-round pick of the Nashville Predators in the 2011 NHL Entry Draft (No. #94 overall) also brings AHL experience to a struggling Fuel team. Shalla has appeared in 58 AHL games with the Milwaukee Admirals, earning five goals and 11 assists.
Indy also acquired the rights to Justin MacDonald in a trade with the Kalamazoo Wings on Thursday. MacDonald comes to Indy after spending parts of three seasons with the Evansville; with the ECHL IceMen and most recently with the Evansville Thunderbolts in the SPHL. The forward has tallied 12 points (5g, 7a) in 12 games with the Thunderbolts this season.
Indy hosts the Quad City Mallards on Saturday night for their second annual Teddy Bear Toss. After Saturday’s matchup, Indy will host the Brampton Beast twice during the week prior to the Christmas break.
Current Fuel Roster
- Alex Guptill (6-3, 190, Burlington, Ont.). Age: 24. Shoots: L
- (RFD) Bryn Chyzyk (6-0, 190, Varden, Man.). Age: 23. Shoots: L
- Raphael Corriveau (6-4, 203, Levis, Quebec). Age: 22. Shoots: R
- Josh Shalla (6-2, 203, Oshawa, Ontario). Age: 25. Shoots: L
- Patrick D’Amico (6-0, 211, Winnipeg, Man.). Age: 21. Shoots: L
- Kevin Lynch (6-1, 205, Grosse Pointe, Mich.). Age: 25. Shoots: R
- Matt Rupert (5-9, 188, Grand Bend, Ont.). Age: 22. Shoots: L
- Tristan King (6-1, 190, Minneapolis, Minn.). Age: 26. Shoots: R
- Brady Ramsay (5-11, 190, Lethbridge, Alb.). Age: 23. Shoots: R
- Alex Wideman (5-7, 150, St. Louis, Mo.). Age: 24. Shoots: L
- Justin MacDonald (6-1, 201, Newmarket, Ont.). Age: 26. Shoots: R
- (RFD) Jonathan Carlsson (6-1, 198, Uppsala, Sweden). Age: 28. Shoots: R
- (RFD) Nick Mattson (6-1, 179, Chanhassen, Minn.). Age: 24. Shoots: L
- (RFD) Robin Press (6-3, 209, Uppsala, Sweden.). Age: 21. Shoots R
- Keevin Cutting (6-2, 190, Bracebridge, Ont.). Age: 24. Shoots: R
- Zach Miskovic (6-1, 197, River Forest, Ill.). Age: 31. Shoots: R
- Matt Stanisz (6-1, 205, Burlington, Ont.). Age: 26. Shoots: L
- Chris Williams (6-2, 220, Pottstown, Pa.). Age: 25. Shoots: R
- Eric Levine (6-3, 185, Wheeling, Ill.). Age: 27. Catches: L
- Keegan Asmundson (6-5, 235, Inver Grove Heights, Minn.). Age: 26. Catches: L
Cody Sharib (6-2, 209, Needham, Mass). Age: 25. Shoots: L
Please consider becoming a Patron as a way to say thanks and support us for what we do! https://www.patreon.com/thesinbinhockey