Welcome to the 38th episode of the In the Corners Podcast with Harding and Metcalf. In this episode, aired on Tuesday, March 13, 2018, the guys discuss several topics, including:
- Quad City announcing they are done at the end of the year
- What went into the decision by Mallards’ owner Jordan Melville to shutter
- If hockey is to be played in Quad City, what should it be? ECHL, SPHL or juniors?
- If hockey comes back in Quad City, should the team be called something different?
- St. John’s opening play in 2018
- How will they survive being 1,350 miles away from the closest ECHL city?
- In typical ECHL fashion, the league tries to sweep Quad’s folding under the proverbial rug by giving them 17 words in a press release
- ECHL Divisional Alignment for 2018-19
- Breakdown of #ECHLDeadlineDay
- Quad City making the biggest moves of the deadline
- Jamie Doornbosch goes from one of the worst teams in the ECHL (Brampton,) to one of the best (Toledo) and says “nah, I’m good.”
- Should players be forced to report if they are traded?
- Harding and Metcalf opine on the future of minor league hockey, outside of the AHL.
Do you need new hockey gear? Go Pro Stock! Our friends at ProStockHockey.com offer the largest online selection of real pro stock hockey equipment. Sticks, gloves, pants and much more are available right now for a fraction of the retail cost! Shop ProStockHockey.com today and be sure to use the coupon code “SINBIN10” at checkout to get a discount. Also, with each stick you purchase, you’ll get 3 rolls of tape FREE! Pro Stock Hockey – if the pros don’t use it, we don’t sell it.
You can also listen to our podcasts on our new home Penalty Box Radio! Listen to every Wichita Thunder game & Macon Mayhem home game exclusively on The Sin Bin app, now available for Apple and Android devices!