Merry Christmas and welcome to the Best of the In the Corners Podcast! In this edition, recorded on February 21, 2017, Matthew Harding and Joe Rozycki lead a panel discussion about media & minor pro hockey.
Joining the guys are: Sean Leahy, formerly of Yahoo’s Puck Daddy now of NBC Sports, Justin Cohn from the Fort Wayne Journal-Gazette, Justin Bradford from Penalty Box Radio, Mark Binetti from the Rapid City Rush and Sin Bin SPHL editor Mike Campos.
The panel discusses a multitude of topics, including:
- How you get your news: Gen X, Gen Y’ers, and Millenials get news from FB & Twitter, baby boomers from newspapers.
- How has the tag “fake news” or “alternative facts” hurt the credibility of the industry and how does the media work to combat that in a time when a skeptical eye is given to everything reported?
- What is the media’s job when it comes to reporting on teams?
- How do the journalists work to get their stories done? How do they use video & audio to forward the discussion?
- Are “blogs” a dirty word anymore and have they helped or hurt the overall conversation?
- Will there ever be a “buy-in” from leagues for “non-traditional media” sources or does it matter?
Harding and Metcalf will return with live episodes of the In the Corners podcast on January 8, 2018, when they will reveal The Sin Bin’s first-ever ECHL All-Star team and preview their coverage from Indianapolis, IN for the ECHL All-Star Classic.
Please consider becoming a Patron as a way to say thanks and support us for what we do! https://www.patreon.com/thesinbinhockey