***Barry Janssen is on vacation. Filling in for Barry are Mary Betz and Ted Hosterman.***
Tonight is the 7th Annual Military Appreciation Night which entitles anyone with a military ID to a special military discount. After the game there will be a post game skate and specialty jersey auction.
Tomorrow’s blog will feature a surprise interview.
What is left to be said about the importance of gaining points against Missouri? As witnessed at the game on March 9th, when Allen plays a solid game they can certainly beat the Mavericks. The key will be to score early and often and NOT take their feet off the gas as Missouri has proven they will take advantage of every mistake made by opposing teams.
We all know that scoring first gives Allen an advantage, however, score after the first period is also significant. Allen has a 82.6 win percentage when leading after 1, the percentage drops to 48.0% when tied, and 27.7% when trailing after a period. Missouri has a good winning percentage in all three categories (86.0, 86.9 and 53.3 respectively).
Noteworthy personnel changes and other info since the last match-up.
- Former American favorite Scott Howes will be returning to the AEC but in a Mavericks #9 jersey. In two games with Missouri, he has 0 points and is a -2
- Mavs defenseman C.J. Ludwig received a 6-game suspension for an elbowing incident against Evansville on 3/25.
- The Mavs clinched the Brabham cup with a 2-1 OT victory over Evansville last Wednesday night. This gives them home ice advantage throughout the playoffs.
- Goalie Josh Robinson had his consecutive win streak snapped at 21 with a 4-2 loss to Wichita on March 19.
- Players to watch: Tyler Barnes #7 (22 goals, 58 pts), Andrew Courtney #27 (20 goals), Rocco Carzo #12 (51 pts). Their active leader for penalty minutes is Darian Dziurzynski #47 (66 PIM)
- Defenseman Jacob Poe was released on 3/25.
- Goalie Jake Hildebrand was signed to a Standard Player Contract on 3/24 and is scheduled to make his first start tonight. Jake recently completed his collegiate career at Michigan State. In 2014-15, Jake was Big 10 player of the year, and Goalie of the year. We will have a full player profile on Jake in one of next weeks posts.
- Fan favorite Spencer Asuchak will be returning from his 6 game suspension resulting from his of Missouri’s Jesse Root during the game on March 9th.
- Chad Costello continues his league leading 12-game assist streak. Chad leads the league in points, assists, power play points, and power play assists.
- Players to watch: Chad Costello #13 (23 goals, 91 pts), Gary Steffes #12 (19 goals, 40 pts). The Americans’ leader in penalty is Reid Halabi #19 (104 PIM).