**Allen Americans correspondent Barry Janssen is currently on vacation. Filling in for Barry is Mary Betz and Ted Hosterman.**
ALLEN, TX – It was a great night to be at the Allen Event Center, as the Kelly Cup Champions received their jewelry. All players who were available gathered one last time as part of the Championship team. There was a bit of an awkward, but proud moment for Garrett Clarke, who was included, as he stood there donning a Rush uniform. Also participating were Eric Adams, who is sorely missed, and Tyler Ludwig who has hung up his skates.
- Allen’s Vincent Arseneau scored first at 16:39 mark of the first period assisted by Jacob Poe and Dyson Stevenson
- Less than 3 minutes later(18:53), Dyson Stevenson, charging the net, scored on a deflection of a shot from Ian Schultz
- It did not take Rapid long to respond as Zach Cohen put the Rush on the board at the :34 mark of the second period. It would be their only goal of the game.
- With just less than 12 minutes remaining in the game, Schultz put the nail in their coffin by scoring on a pass from Tristan King and Eric Roy.
- The Schultz, Stevenson, Arseneau line scored all 3 goals and were +3 for the night
- The Americans restarted their streak of winning when scoring first
Steve Martinson’s comments:
To sum up:
- Slow start tonight
- Nice to get insurance goal in the 3rd
- Forechecking much improved from last weekend
- Worked all week practicing forechecking, hustle, and movement in the offensive zone
- Trying to get all players on the same page
- Casey Pierro-Zabotel out with upper body injury
- David Makowski is still 1-2 weeks from returning
- Justin Baker has apparently quit hockey
- Never had so many injuries at this point in the season
- New acquistion, Mike Gunn from Wheeling, was a +10, he likes to defend the front of the net and move the puck up ice
- Physical guys have to play physical
- Zach Cohen made an unbelievable move to score their only goal
- Riley Gill looked great in net
Utah v. Allen Game Preview:
- Allen will play the Utah Grizzlies for the final time in regular season play tonight. In the four previous games in Utah, both teams have won twice.
- As always, the Americans need to come out with a fast start and score first
- Since the last meeting Utah now holds the advantage for goals for (3.21 vs 3.00) and goals against (2.89 vs 2.95) per game.
- Special teams will be a major factor as Allen holds the advantage for power plays (18% vs 14.9%) and penalty kill (84.8 vs 81.1). But on home ice, Allen’s PP% drops to 11.6%.
- Leading Utah in points are Matt Berry (16), and Alex Krushelnyski (15) and they both lead in goals with 8 apiece.
Our friend and colleague, Barry Janssen and his wife Nancy are traveling in the Southern Hemisphere. In the picture above, they are both straddling the equator. Barry is in the Northern Hemisphere while Nancy is in the Southern. How cool is that! They are spending the remainder of their vacation on the Amazon River, then will return to the states on December 13th.
Enjoy your remaining vacation, Barry and Nancy!
Please consider becoming a Patron as a way to say thanks and support us for what we do! https://www.patreon.com/thesinbinhockey