Why Join Team Sin Bin?
- We are rapidly becoming the premier site for news in all levels of minor pro hockey
- Your work will be seen by a vast audience, with over 600,000 authentic views to our site in our first two years
- We have a solid publishing platform
- Our editorial team is developing relationships with members of the national media and are eager and willing to help you fine-tune your writing style
Our work is viewed by an average of 25,000 people per month. Included in this viewership are executives, coaches, players, scouts and hockey publications from all over minor pro hockey in North America and the world.
Benefits of Joining Team Sin Bin
- You will be a part of a large and growing audience for your writing. Our work has been featured in Yahoo!’s Puck Daddy, ESPN & Sports Illustrated
- You will be connected to our growing network of contacts across all levels of minor pro hockey
- You will have direct access to with our editorial staff & site admins to discuss any number of topics
The Sin Bin is looking for serious journalists who like posting often, as well as part-timers. Writers who produce upper-end work but only have time enough to post a few articles per month can also call The Sin Bin home.
Essentials for Working With Team Sin Bin
- Professionalism at all times
- Ability to produce good work consistently. Writers are asked to publish four articles per month during the season and two per month during the offseason
- Have a social media presence where you share your work, the work of your colleagues, as well as engage with fans
Where Does Team Sin Bin Need Writers?
Below is a current list of teams that need covering across minor pro hockey:
AHL: Bakersfield Condors, Binghamton Senators, Bridgeport Sound Tigers, Charlotte Checkers, Chicago Wolves, Cleveland Monsters, Grand Rapids Griffins, Hartford Wolf Pack, Iowa Wild, Milwaukee Admirals, Providence Bruins, Rochester Americans, Rockford Ice Hogs, St. John’s Ice Caps, San Antonio Renegades, San Diego Gulls, San Jose Barracuda, Syracuse Crunch, Texas Stars, Toronto Marlies, Tucson Roadrunners, Utica Comets, Wilkes-Barre/Scranton Penguins
ECHL: Adirondack Thunder, Atlanta Gladiators, Brampton Beast, Colorado Eagles, Florida Everblades, Greenville Swamp Rabbits, Idaho Steelheads, Jacksonville IceMen, Kalamazoo Wings, Manchester Monarchs, Reading Royals, South Carolina Stingrays, Utah Grizzlies, Wheeling Nailers
SPHL: Evansville Thunderbolts, Huntsville Havoc, Knoxville Ice Bears, Macon Mayhem, Mississippi Riverkings, Pensacola Ice Flyers, Roanoke Rail Yard Dawgs
How do I Join Team Sin Bin?
If you’re interested in writing and willing to devote the time covering any individual team in the ECHL, AHL, or SPHL, or any of those leagues as a whole, we may have a spot for you.
You are also allowed to start out covering one team, then move to a preferred team in the future.
Please submit an article (minimum 500 words) for review. This can be anything from a recap of a game, to a Q & A with a player, to an opinionated piece. Please be sure to include a few lines about yourself & your writing experience as part of your article (they can count toward the required length).
Submit the form below and someone will be in touch.