LAFAYETTE, LA — Mike Campos and Matthew Harding are back for another look at the Southern Professional Hockey League in an all-new episode of the intermittently fascinating Inside the SPHL Podcast.
Recorded on November 7th, 2017, Campos and Harding…
- Talk about Campos’ upcoming
weddingVeterans’ Day barbecue, which relatives are traveling to from across the nation to attend.
- Throw it back to memories of Harding’s wedding and Matty’s questionable fashion sense.
- Lament the end of Twitter’s 140-character era.
- Go over the five things we learned after the third week of the SPHL season.
- The Pensacola Ice Flyers are for real, as the Peoria Rivermen keep on figuring out.
- Your Presidents Cup Champs are finding the back of the net.
- Jimmy Gentry may be right when he believes Roanoke Rail Yard Dawgs coach Sam Ftorek may wind up on the coaching hot seat.
- Nick Mazzolini is desperately seeking defense in Fayetteville
- If the Birmingham Bulls can find some offense, they could start stringing together some wins.
- The first edition of the SPHL power rankings aren’t being released until next week, but we don’t stop Campos and Harding from sorting through the teams.
- Cover the SPHL and ECHL transactions.
- Preview the big games of the upcoming weekend, including a pair of playoff rematches.
- Talk about the possibility of an all-SPHL goalie battle in tomorrow’s ECHL game between Atlanta and Norfolk.
- Dish out the three stars of the week:
?? – Greg Dodds (G-PEN) 2-0-0, 1.50 GAA, .951 SV%
???? – Jackson Leef (F-EVV) Three goals scored at Roanoke.
?????? – Berkley Scott (C-KNX) Three games, six assists.
and an honorable mention ?? to the Birmingham Bulls fans on their opening night shutout.
On next week’s show, Roanoke broadcaster Brian Gardner (who skipped out of tonight’s show to hit the Carolina Hurricanes game with the rest of the Dawgs staff) will make his way to the podcast for his first appearance.
You can catch future episodes of Inside the SPHL on our brand-new The Sin Bin app –available in the iTunes and Google Play stores — or through a variety of podcast sharing platforms. Click on your preferred platform on the right side of this page and be sure to subscribe!